Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

call of duty problems

• Please log in to reply

snarbadarb

snarbadarb

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I was playing last night both cod and coduo. Today I went to search for severs and all I get is searching for master server, nothing shows up. I reinstalled with the latest and greatest patches and pb and still nothing. Whats up with that. Never had problem like this before.

Advertisements

Canadian Kojak

Canadian Kojak

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I am experiencing the same problem...master server may be down?

snarbadarb

snarbadarb

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
That sounds logical, thanks for the help fello Canadain

Canadian Kojak

Canadian Kojak

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Still nothing, and no explanation! Everyone I spoke to is having the same problem, so it's not isolated to our cpu's. It's very frustrating. Does someone know the answer, or are you able to connect to the master server? I have sent questions into Aspyr and Activision tech support. I will let you know what they have to say.

snarbadarb

snarbadarb

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
It s nice to see someone who will reply to the posts. I admit, i sometimes lookey lou myself without reply. Thanks for the added advice.

Derrick
AKA Prt. Rogaine
AKA Col. Corn
AKA Ithurts when IP
AKA General Housekeeping

snarbadarb

snarbadarb

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Obviously at this point, I decided to try the ASE and of course it works, so the conclusion is the master server is down, thanks for the help.

Canadian Kojak

Canadian Kojak

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey Derrick,

I don't know what ASE is, but still no word on COD master server. Later!

Yarnouth

Yarnouth

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
If the master server is down it won't affect you connecting to your regular, favourite servers or affect your game. Take a note of the i.p's and open console with the "¬" key and type /connect **.***.**.***:***** Of course you could always use google to find out the i.p's if you don't know them.

Canadian Kojak

Canadian Kojak

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks very much, Yarnouth, I will try that, although I don't know the i.p's, but if I can find them through google, I'll give it a try.

Cheers!

Paul

snarbadarb

snarbadarb

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Sorry for the delay,work,work,work. ASE is the All Seeing Eye. I use d to use it, so for $15.00 I reopened the account. I find it gets me better Ping and runs smoother. Im playing to my hearts content. :tazz: