Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Question about my Windows Media Player

• Please log in to reply

†_Moose_†

†_Moose_†

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
I added the html for my windows media player on My Space. It starts automatically, but I want it start manually. This is what I typed in:

<embed src="http:// "MY SONG URL HERE" autostart="false" loop="true" height="25" width="145">

Although the "autostart" is set to "false" it still starts automatically. Do I have it wrong? I changed the "autostart to "true" but it still starts automatically. How do I make it start manually? My OS is Windows XP (home version), and my Windows Media Player is version 9 if that makes any difference. Any help to make my media player start Manually would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :whistling:

Edited by †_Moose_†, 24 July 2007 - 01:27 PM.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Did you originally have a MySpace player installed before that auto started? As far as I know, MySpace is still stripping out any <embed>, <object>, or <iframe> tags along with anything containg a *.swf file for now. This is in addition to the usual stripping out of all JS which everyone knows about.

Try using MySpace's New Profile Editor. You must be logged in and using Internet Explorer until they get this working for all browsers.

Ron

Voyager_One

Voyager_Two