Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virus, restarting laptop and not allowing into windows.

• Please log in to reply

rachway

rachway

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Inspiron 1501. I ran a virus check yesterday and it found a Trojan horse, my spyware [McAfee] told me it had successfully removed this.
Today when I tried to start up the laptop, everything seemed fine it loaded as normal to the account user screen.
After enetering the password, my normal background screen of my account loaded, but there was no start bar or any desktop icons visable. Within around 30 seconds I was redirected back to the account user screen. As normal it said 'Logging off...' and 'Saving settings...' and then was back to the normal account user screen.
I have tried starting up in safe mode and it is exactly the same process, I have also tried restarting the laptop to it's last known working point, but it seems this is it.
I have been on the phone to Dell about the problem, and for a charge they can tell me how to fix this problem over the phone... before I pay to be told this I just wondered if anybody had any help with this problem.
Many thanks.

Advertisements