Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

computer doesnt proplerly detect my mp4

• Please log in to reply

aven_steph

aven_steph

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
ok so ive got a new coby mpc7095 2 gig mp4 player. Ive connected it to a friends computer and it worked fine and the computer detected it like a flash memory stick and showed me all the contents and the folders that the device has. So when i connected it to my computer it detected an mp3 player but it doesnt allow me to properly remove the hardware from my computer and its like theres nothing connected to my computer. When i go to my computer i open it and instead of all the folders it has i only see the music that it has in it when really there should be a folder for music, video, radio, etc.
An icon of an mp3 player appears instead of the usual icon thats there when you connect an ipod or a flash memory stick.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
did the device come with a driver CD? have you installed that stuff from the CD yet?

aven_steph

aven_steph

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
it came with a cd that says "installation cd video conversion software" but when i put it in the computer the only thing i see on it is a bunch of .dll files and the video conversion software

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
http://www.cobyusa.c...G_v1_02_web.pdf

Have you read this manual yet? If you follow it, it says to do everything from within Windows Media Player 11, have you tried this?

aven_steph

aven_steph

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
thanks very much :whistling: ...i lost the manual and couldnt find it. That only says how to transfer music files but not video files, but then i read the manual and it said i have to change the usb mode and i did and now i see the folders...thanks you :blink:

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
You're welcome, thanks for letting us know! :whistling: