Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Type of sata

• Please log in to reply

triger

triger

• Pip
  • 6 posts
hi again,

well found out i have a sata but dont know what kind i have. all i saw was fujitsu label on it. i just wanna know where a link is so i can download load it to a floppy so i can install it to the computer. its 80 GB and fujitsu and thats all i know. also i have a phoniex bios and wondering how the setup should go and on one option should it be on raid, ata or the third one. well luckly there is internet connection on my buddies laptop so i can get help from you guys and gals :tazz:

Advertisements

hackergal

hackergal

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
Do you mean you have a SATA hard drive or do you mean you have SATA support on your mainboard?

If you have a drive, you need a special power cable which plugs onto the mainboard SATA in much the same manner the IDE cable from the conventional hard drive plugs onto the mainboard.

If you have a SATA drive and the board is not compliant, cheapest bet is to get an expansion card which will offer you SATA support. Cheaper than buying a new mainboard - just make sure when you do upgrade and get new board that you get one with the Serial ATA on it.

Hope this helps you

The one

The one

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
Agreed and the drivers that u would need wouldnt be for the drive but for the sata chipset, that is if ur mobo supports sata.

triger

triger

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
hey thx for the help you guys. right now i am on to the next step where i have the \winxp\ulsata.sys has caused error (18) at line 2113 in d:\xpsprtm\base\boot\setup\oemdisk.c. at windows setup. i have this posted in the other forum under winxp. thanks again.