Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problems organizing my IE 6 Personal Inbox Folders?

• Please log in to reply

newbie geek

newbie geek

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
I am trying to organize my emails into personal folders that I have created in my IE6. Had I known that this could be done 4 years ago when I bought this notebook I would have started then, however I was new to computers and purchased books to try to help myself in the learning process and also participate in good forums like this one. Obviously I never read my books totally or I would have come across the ability to organize emails.

Anyway my problem is this, the notebook that I am doing the organizing on is my older one and of course critical b/c it has all of original mail. It is backed up of course.
But I wanted to organize Personal Folders. So I started out one whole day with my Inbox, creating personal folders and naming them and moving emails into them.
Of course the day was not long enough and so I started again the next day and found that the Personal Inbox Folder items were being listed not with the First days work but were being listed Under the Sent Items.

Now this is a nuisance as in still keeping up with moving my folders to their respective Inbox Folder I have to scroll down throw my first group of Inbox Personal Folders through my Outbox and Sent Folders until I get to the second group of Inbox folders.

I hope there is an easy way for me to get this group included in the First Group and I am not good at dragging and dropping and don't want to mess up and lose my Inbox folders in the attempt to do this via dragging and dropping.

I hope that there is an experienced user out there who can help, thankyou.

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Hi newbie geek.

Are you talking about Outlook Express 6? Please take a screen-shot and attach it to your reply. Once I see what you're seeing, I think we can figure something out.

To take a shot, press the PrintScreen (PrtScn) key. Open Paint, press Ctrl-V (Control and V keys together) to paste the image from Windows clipboard, and save it as BMP or JPG. I can't recall now which file G2G allows to be uploaded.

newbie geek

newbie geek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Thx for the reply, I will try to give this a go, I have never done a Print Screen before and so I hope that "bumble fingers" here is up to the challenge :whistling: !!!