Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Obesity Spreads In Social Circles As Trends Do

• Please log in to reply

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
Fat people have only themselves to blame.
There is no magic pill, no secret recipe. I eat alot of bad food which would stack kilo's on the average Westerner, but I don't sit on my buttocks all day (except when busy on the computer). Step out of the 4 wheel drive and walk the kids the 500 metres to school.
Burn more calories than what you take in.
In almost all cases, an adult has nobody to blame but themselves for getting fat, and the children can only blame the parents.

Advertisements

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
[attachment=15878:Billboar..._Obesity.jpg]sari,i know you're going to kill me,but the temptation was too great! :)

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Topic Starter
  • Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
I won't kill you for that - I love the irony of that picture.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Wow that is such a funny picture! Good find Zorba...

uglymaggot

uglymaggot

• PipPip
  • 97 posts
we cannot blame others for our mistakes :)
as people we have lost the reason why we do things like we over eat because it's yummy not to replenish our bodies
also we have lost all sense of control as fast foods are so radially available this world has become one big shop everyone trying to sell something to someone else its crazy our ancestors did not need diet pills of techniques to stay thin because
they consumed what they needed self control is all it takes but due to our inability to accept ourselves for what we are we
blame him,her,that or something for our drawbacks and worse still we pass it on to the next generations an endless cycle
remember all things are good in moderation knowing when to say enough i all it takes.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
*FPVDriF6 agrees with moderation...

Even drinking too much water will kill you... :)

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

*FPVDriF6 agrees with moderation...

Even drinking too much water will kill you... :)

A good friend of mine died a few years back from water. He tried to get into an unregistered fraternity at college and they made him drink water for 2 days and he actually died from it. Truly sad.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Sorry, bad example...

And sorry for your friend, too...

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Nah a good example, thank you though. I have learned that we all control our futures. Im "husky" and I blame everyone else :)