Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop running Vista

• Please log in to reply

Crack

Crack

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi my laptop is running microsoft vista and i think this is causing problems with Punkbuster on United Offensive. Any ideas on how to tweak Vista to allow me to play COD UO on a Punkbuster run map?

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
are you running 32bit or 64bit vista?

what exact pb error are you getting?

Crack

Crack

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey agian, yea i am running a 32 bit system and the error message is "Crack has been kicked via Punkbuster (for 0 minutes). Visit www.evenbalance.com to manually update your PB files. "
The Problem is I have already visited evenbalance and uploaded every single peice of COD PB file into my PB folder as well as installed PBsetup.exe which also has done nothing. FInally I did the /pb_sv_enable and /pb_sv_update commands in my console which still did not work. This is frustrating... any ideas?
Thanks, Crack

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
ok, what are you getting kicked for? loosing key packets, ambient light tweak? There are a number of things that could result in this minor pb kick.

Crack

Crack

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey yea i have no idea why i am getti kicked... that is the exact message that i am given when i get kicked... to visit evenbalance.com and manualy update pb files.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
are you running a third party firewall? What Anti Virus are you using?

here is what I found that may be related:

Users that are getting kicked for "Service Communication Failure" (including the handshake failure type) have some other software that is blocking the PunkBuster services.

Some users have previously disabled the PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBsrtB.exe services in the past, and these services are now mandatory.

If the services are stopped/disabled, then PB will kick from this point forward.

Sometimes it is an anti-virus program (like an old version of McAfee Security Center), sometimes it is a personal firewall that are blocking the services. Any user who is getting kicked for this will have to stop whatever is blocking PB or configure the program to allow the two services.

The below link is a tool provided by PunkBuster that will help users who need to reinstall the services:

http://www.evenbalan...pbsvc/pbsvc.exe

If the above PBSVC program does not pass all the tests, please ensure that any installed firewalls or other programs are not blocking the PnkBstrA/B services.

If that still does not do the trick, please open a ticket with PunkBuster here:
http://www.evenbalan...age=support.php and be sure to paste the log from the PBSVC program within the ticket, and EvenBalance support should be able to help you in identifying what programs are blocking the services.