Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer re-booting

• Please log in to reply

glycerine

glycerine

• Pip
  • 1 posts
for about 6 months now my computer has been randomly re-booting itself at any given time. I had the computer software dumped and reloaded, but that didn't solve my problem. Lately, my computer has been re-booting ALL the time, sometimes many times consecutively. A couple days ago a blue screen popped up and said that file S3GNB had cause the computer to reboot and that " the device driver got stuck in an infinate loop". Does this mean anything to anyone? Furthermore, I found a directory in my c: drive that has stored a file every time my computer shuts down, but i can't open them ( it's a .dmp file) and it's stored in a folder called "minidump".
I'm not a computer wizz and all this means nothing, but I really want to fix this, so if anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks!!!
I've attached one of the .dmp files, just in case it could help....

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

That has something to do with the video card drivers, try updating the drivers.

Even though you had the" computer software dumped and reloaded" you most likley installed the same video driver and a updated one could be needed especially true if you installed sp2 and then the problem started.

Rick