Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Malicious trojan

• Please log in to reply

l1947

l1947

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am getting a message Windows Security Alert pop-up which reads "Windows has detected an Internet attack attemp. Somebody's trying to infect your PC with spyware or harmful viruses. Run full system scan now to protect your PC from Internet attackes, hijacking attemps and spyware. Click here to download spyware remover for total protection."

If you click "ok" you end up with 3 different 3rd party software programs, all of which do not seem to be authorized by Microsoft After closing all of these programs and options, I am unable to connect to the internet through Internet Explorer, I have internet access through Comcast and if I hit the Comcast button I can connect but like voicemajor I can’t get to internet explorer.
The three programs which have taken over the default of Internet Explorer are Ultimate Defender, Uncleaner.com and TrustedAntivirus -- all of which require you to install and pay with a credit card (not likely).

I searched your database, and Trustmajor had the same problem, part of this message is the one he originally sent. I also get the message "Trojan.w32.looksky detected on your machine. This virus is distributed via the Internet through email and ActiveX objects the worm has its own SMTP engine which means it gathers emails from you local computer and redistributes itsel. In worst cases this worm can allow attackers to access your computer, stealing passwords and personal data. This process should be removed from your system." -- I have already removed this 2x today from this same screen.

How can I get rid of these problems. I read the forums and I believe I can do what I have to do but I am not real good at computer fixes.
l1947 .

Advertisements