Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Posting options

• Please log in to reply

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Ok, so maybe I am not too observant but I see people posting stuff in certain ways that I cannot figure out. Maybe Im missing it, but is there a forum that talks all about posting and the options.

If I want to quote someone, I noticed some peoples quote boxes have the person that said it on it. Mine just say Quote without the person who said it. Some people post pictures, they are reduced in size but can be clicked on. Different things like that.

Also, I could of sworn that admin started a post about suggestions for the site, after we hit 1 million posts. I cant find it.

Am I losing my mind???

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction :whistling:

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
http://www.geekstogo...Go-t164772.html

That's the suggestion link - it's in the feedback section.

If you want to quote someone, it's very simple. At the bottom of their post, you should see 3 boxes - Edit, Multi, and Quote. If you click on quote, it will start a new reply for you that contains that person's entire post. You can edit it if want to - I'll sometimes delete everything but the one line or paragraph I want to respond to.

If you want to quote multiple people, click on the Multi button for each person you want to quote - it will turn red. When you've selected them all, click on Add Reply, and all of those posts will be quoted in your reply. In both of the above cases, it will give you the person that made the original statement.

I'm not sure about the pictures - I've posted images, but not the way they sometimes appear for people. I'd have to play around with that.

If you have other specific questions, ask them here. We have a site orientation and FAQ section, and maybe I can check with admin about adding a topic that uses some of the specific questions you ask. I'm sure you're not the only person who's wondered these things!

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Thank you sari I will try that. I figure with over 760 posts, they should at least look like I know what Im doing :whistling:

I always thought that there would be a topic with this stuff. Im going to link this off into admins post as my suggestion. Maybe having some common post editing stuff somewhere.

Thanks again!

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts

At the bottom of their post, you should see 3 boxes - Edit, Multi, and Quote.

Hehe, that's if you're a mod. Since you're one of us regular folks, you will only see the edit box below your own posts. :whistling:

As for the picture thing, when I post a big picture, the forum automatically resizes it for me.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Yes, that's right - I was looking at my own reply to something when I said that. However, since the quote and multi were what jaxisland needed, the answer was still helpful.

Edited by sari, 26 July 2007 - 02:16 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
also if you type
[quote=name of the person or website that you got it from] your quote info [/quote]
it will put their name in there or the website name

some stuff that someone said

i'm a dufus :whistling: nyuck nyuck nyuck

for the "resized pictures" if you upload the pictures as an attachment...then add them into the post...it will do what you're wanting [attachment=15147:Picture20.jpg]

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Im a mean spirited person who preys on those with low self-esteem

Cool it works :whistling:

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
ok, now go to http://www.geekstogo...26#entry1016126
look at the third post by major payne, see the date and the arrow box, how do you do that?

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Im a mean spirited person who preys on those with low self-esteem

Cool it works :blink:

Never mind, if I listened to sari I would of figured it out. I guess I was right, I am a dufus :whistling:

Edited by jaxisland, 26 July 2007 - 02:50 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
rule of thumb: when all else fails....listen to sari

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Lesson I had to learn the hard way :whistling:

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Listening to me is also a good idea. If you fail to listen to either of us, then you get to meet ScHwErV. And trust me when I say you don't have much choice BUT to listen to him :whistling: