Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

_vti_cnf file

• Please log in to reply

haywired

haywired

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I have a new computer with XP Home. I have installed all of my old software, including Frontpage 2000. A file has attatached itself to my desktop named _vti_cnf. It has also attached itself to my favorits list in IE. What is this? And what do I do with it?

vti_encoding:SR|utf8-nl
vti_timelastmodified:TR|03 Jul 2007 10:37:56 -0000
vti_extenderversion:SR|4.0.2.8912
vti_cacheddtm:TX|03 Jul 2007 10:37:56 -0000
vti_filesize:IR|62

Thanks

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This is the result of Frontpage.

These files are basically the requirements for webpages that use technology called "Frontpage Extensions" which is technology only available online and if supported by the web hosts. As Frontpage was abandoned by Microsoft after Office 2003, it remains to be seen how popular this technology will remain, considering the official program after Frontpage (called Microsoft Expression Web) makes no mention at all of Frontpage Extensions.

You can go here: http://www.abiglime....page/042198.htm for details about the extensions.