Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Have video with no sound

• Please log in to reply

ftballtw

ftballtw

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
I have a sony vaio desktop with Windows XP Home. I have always made DVD's on it using Roxio 6 DVD Builder. I recently added some X10 software called active home and multiview where I can view video on that computer and remotely on my laptop. I had to add two usb connections in the back, one to the usb adapter and one to the transciever and another usb on the front and had to install an x10 driver VA11A. I plug in my Digital Video Camera though a firewire port on the back. I can record video but it has no sound. I can hear the sound on my camcorder. I tried to install drivers from the camcorder disk, but still no sound and it messed up my x10. I installed the drivers again for x10 and it works fine again. Does anyone have an idea? I am at a loss.

Advertisements

ftballtw

ftballtw

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Well, I answered my own question! I'm good now. I had a missing sound file, and updated the driver and now It works great. I can do my DVD's and use the same computer for my surveillance cameras. I can usually figure things out, but once in a while I get something that really stumps me. It usually ends up being the obvious!