Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Looking to upgrade graphics on new Gateway.

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Just got a new Gateway 19" Widescreen LCD GM5470e Desktop Features:. Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 4000+(2.1GHz), Dual Core 64-bit processor, 250 G HD, 4 G's of RAM, Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit), integrated graphics (6150) something or other. I think the power supply is rated for 285 watts, not sure though, 300 watts max possibly. Anyhow, I would like to install a graphics card, but don't know what I can get with that small of a power supply? This PC will be mainly a basic use pc, maybe photos & some video. But would like to do some gaming if I can get a decent enough graphics card. I do have an open PCI-E slot. Thanks in advance for any help/info provided.

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
I would contact Gateway and see what upgrades they recommend for your computer and then look for a comparable card somewher else like at Newegg or Zipzoomfly.