Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Drivers not found for new hardware

• Please log in to reply

Rob60

Rob60

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Windows XP (SP2) has suddenly stopped being able to find drivers for new hardware - the drivers that should be resident in XP. It recognises that there is new hardware, then asks for a CD. It has happened with a memory stick a new camera, and my old camera that previously worked OK. Also a new USB2 card that did not have a CD anyway. I'm told it is a common problem, but nobody can remember the fix! Do I have to run the repair sequence from the install disc?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
If its asking for a file for some hardware that's its seen before, point it towards the C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers folder, it should find the file it wants in there.

Rob60

Rob60

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
That does not work! It still cannot find the driver for my Canon camera that used to connect OK previously.