Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE7 Won't Allow Full Flash Install

• Please log in to reply

AnaMayShun

AnaMayShun

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I just got a new laptop (HP DV9233CL) and i've been doing the Microsoft Updates and everything. The OS is Windows Vista Home Premium. But on IE7 I can't seem to install Adobe Flash. It works on Safe Mode but not on Normal. And it works with Firefox. I tried to uninstall it and reinstall but that doesn't work. Does anyone have a solution to this?

Advertisements

cmpm

cmpm

• PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
Maxthon is an IE-engine based browser,

http://www.maxthon.com/

Maxthon 2 is their latest stable release.
If it doesn't work on it, then it's a compatibility problem with IE, Vista and Flash.
Is my best guess. :whistling:

Type in "windows vista flash player forums". In google search or your favorite search engine.

I had a flash player problem solved in XP, but I don't know if it would work with Vista.
I found the answer by asking in a Windows Newsgroup.

http://search.micros...ista newsgroups

I hope you find the answer.

AnaMayShun

AnaMayShun

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Thanks for the help. I wasn't able to find out how to get Flash to work with IE.
I was wondering if you knew how to uninstall IE from Vista. So i can try to reinstall it. I'm hoping that would work.