Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

video cards

• Please log in to reply

unstablefears

unstablefears

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Hi,

I got some nice help here before on hardware recommendations for my first build, so, I figured I'd come by again to ask about some video cards.

I am looking for a good video card for gaming. I have looked at getting the ATI Radeon X1950 Pro, but I have also noticed this card: BFG GeForce 8600GT

It seems to be less expensive then the ATI X1950 and also seems to be the same specs ( while also supporting DirectX 10 ).

I was just wondering, which card out of the two is more better, or, if there is another card out there that may be better ( or the same ) but with a better price. Not really wanting to go over the price of ~200 dollars.

I am going off of ncix.com

BFG GeForce 8600GT: http://www.ncix.com/..... Technologies
ATI Radeon X1950 Pro: http://www.ncix.com/...manufacture=ATI

Thanks for any suggestions.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
As far as gaming goes, you would be better off sticking with the ATI Radeon X1950 Pro. This would be about the best card for the money. If you wanted to go to a DX10 card, the minimum we have been recommending here is the 8800GTS (320mb), which is probably too expensive for your budget. :whistling:

unstablefears

unstablefears

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Ok, thanks for the info :whistling:.