Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DMI Problem?

• Please log in to reply

unstablefears

unstablefears

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
I just upgraded my computer with a new motherboard, HDD, PSU, and RAM. I installed windows XP Pro on my new HDD. I downloaded Everest Home Edition to check out some things, and when I try to view the DMI data it just says:

Warning Accuracy of DMI data cannot be guaranteed

I also noticed that when my computer starts, during the POST I get the following text before windows starts:

NPT Data Change...Update New Data to DMI!

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Edited by unstablefears, 28 July 2007 - 10:08 AM.

Advertisements

cmw2010

cmw2010

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
Try to clear your cmos by unplugging your computer and removing the cmos battery for a little while, unless there is a jumper to clear cmos then use that. Then reboot and see if that fixes your error on startup. If not you may want to update your BIOS.

unstablefears

unstablefears

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Will clearing my CMOS upset anything in my Windows installation?

cmw2010

cmw2010

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
No, it just contains the vey basic information for your computer to run. When you clear the CMOS it just reverts your bios to the default configuration. It really has nothing to do with Windows.

unstablefears

unstablefears

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Well, I cleared the CMOS, but it's still telling me to update new DMI data during POST...anymore ideas?