Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help on first build

• Please log in to reply

shaheer

shaheer

• Pip
  • 2 posts
ok guys I need help, i am building my first pc.
Well I bought the gigabyte p35c mobo, antec 900, ocz 700 watts power supply, gskill 2gb 800, 8800gts 320mb. E6750, zalman cooler
Anyways so i tried putting all the parts together and I think i connected everything following the manuals, the only part I got a little confused was when putting where the 3 pin cable from the zalman cooler..On my mother board there is a cpu_fan which is 4 pin, and 2 sys_fan and a pwr_fan
I dont know where to the put this cable. ANyways I tried to turn the pc on and nothing seems to run, I turned the button on at the back of the psu and no fan, no noting is running, I dont see any green light on the mobo either..What am i doing wrong? I tried putting the zalam cable both on the cpu_fan and the sys_fan but still not luck! Is my psu dead? or maybe the mobo? I need help!

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
It's because you getting the ground instead of the negative pin if I remember correctly. Place the 3pin cable into the 4pin motherboard slot (cou_fan), have 1st pin on your left not plugged into the cable. I have the same motherboard series, good choice :whistling:
James

shaheer

shaheer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
ok seems like my 700watts psu was defective? i put in my old 430watts and there was a post! guess its rma time

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Lol, I thought your only problem was the CPU fan. Glade to see you found your problem.
James