Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Office 2000

• Please log in to reply

dbrodsky

dbrodsky

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
I just purchased a computer with a free trial of Microsoft Office 2007. It appears to cost about $150. I have Microsoft Office 2000 and all of the discs to load it. The old program meets my needs for free.

Is it okay to load the old Office program on a new computer with Vista?

Also, if I do install Office 2000, do I have to somehow uninstall the Office 2007 trial version?

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by dbrodsky, 28 July 2007 - 12:57 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Office 2000 should work on Vista (Outlook 2000 has issues though) but it will be unsupported - officially Microsoft recommend any version of Office later than or including Office 2003 for Vista purposes.

You may be able to run the two together but you must be careful not to install the Office 2000 to the same folder as Office 2007 is, otherwise you'll end up with a hybrid configuration that throws out error messages that don't appear in Google :whistling: You may be able to uninstall Office 2007 though, usually through Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs.

dbrodsky

dbrodsky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Thanks. I looked around and the Office 2007 is very expensive. I saw one for $150 and one for $300. I haven't research it enough to figure out the difference between the two, but either way it is a lot of money for something I don't need.