Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FILES LEFT OVER FROM OLD OS (ME)

• Please log in to reply

headwayne

headwayne

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
While doing some other searching, I located someting that had the old OS files but what I was doing was more urgent at that time.
NOW, of course, I cannot locate them. I would like to get rid of them if I could just locate them again.
I have tried so many searches hoping to do so.

Would somebody be so kind and tell me where to look? I had a Windows ME and you all helped me change to Windows Home XP2.

Thank you :whistling:

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
If you did an upgrade to XP, the files would have been replaced with new ones.
If you did the upgrade to XP by wiping the machine, the files won't exist anyway.

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
I know a upgrade from windows XP to windows vista the folder is in local Disk C.

The directory is windows.old.

Check add/ remove programs do you show anything that says WINDOWS ME or Windows XP.

If not the folder where the files are located if you just want to clear up some space Should be in Local Disk C: somewhere.