Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Norton System Works Basic 2007

• Please log in to reply

cbl413

cbl413

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Beginning about 4 months ago, I received an error when attempting to download updates for my Norton System Works Basic. The error code I got directed me to the Symantec website which told me to uninstall and reinstall NSW. After uninstalling, I attempted to reinstall. I downloaded the install package, and attempted to begin installation. It seemed like it was working, but froze a little way into it. The progress bar just stopped after about 3 or 4 segments. I have been going back and forth with Symantec since then... at one point, they spent 9 hours on my computer digging into my registry, deleting files and attempting to fix the issue. I still cannot install the program, and it seems as if I just keep going in circles with Symantec, who, quite frankly, is starting to tick me off. Has anyone encountered this issue? I am looking to shed some light on it. Thanks!

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
did you try the symantec removal tool (listed as a pinned topic, this forum)?