Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Thanks everybody

• Please log in to reply

Junkman

Junkman

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
I finally got my pretty new machine up and running a few days ago, and it's been a beautiful experience ever since, interrupted only by the odd irritating intrusion from the real world, such as having to go to work, eat etc.
Anyway, I just wanted to thank everyone on this board for their help and advice, without which I never would have made it to this stage.
For anyone who remembers any of my posts and was wondering how things went, I'll list the parts I finally went with:
AMD X2 4600+
MSI K9N Neo-F
Corsair XMS2 2X1Gb PC26400
ASUS EAX1950Pro
Antec Truepower Trio 550
WD Caviar SE AAJS 250Gb
Cooler Master Elite 330
Also got a very cheap Lite On DVD RW, which is louder than a [bleep] in heat, and will need to be replaced someday, but gets the job done.

Obviously it won't compare to some of the SLI-Twin-8800GTX-QX6800-PC28000-Double-chocolate-cream-fudge monsters some of you are sporting, but it's a huge step up for me, and so far I'm very pleased.
So thanks :whistling:

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Glad to hear you're pleased, your system would mop mine off the deck anytime. Don't forget there is also a forum for feedback, feel free to post this again on this link and mention everyone who helped you!

Junkman

Junkman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
Thanks for that Ruthandtroy, I've reposted in the feedback forum :whistling: