Welcome to Geeks to Go
Geeks to Go Welcome
Create Account Login to Account
Photo

How to remove trojan.w32.looksky (removal instructions)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

cobol_guy

cobol_guy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
boom, it's gone! I used SmitfraudFix.exe. What a great product by S!Ri. thanks a bunch!

Advertisements

Aggressive

Aggressive

• Pip
  • 2 posts
HI THERE I HAD A LOOKSKY WORM.... IM VISIT MANY SITES AND FORUMS.. N FOUND SMITFRAUD.EXE

SPYWARES ARE REMOVED... BUT WHENEVER I START MY PC AND WHENEVER MY MOUSE CURSOR CHANGE TO TEXT CURSOR FOR WRITING... MOUSE N KEYBOARD CEASES... IS THERE ANY WAY TO FIX THIS PROBLEM... BECAUSE IM UNABLE TO SCAN .. ANYTHING COZ MOUSE N KEYBOARD DONT WORK AT ALL.

WAITING FOR UR REPLIES........

Aggressive

Aggressive

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i can able to use ....... till when the text cursor not appears and ceases my mouse n keyboard....

mattwood

mattwood

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Just registered to say thanks so much for your how to remove looksky instructions. My work pc has Norton protection but did not pickup the trojan. I ran spy bot and this didn't seem to work either. Followed your instructions and no more problems. Thanks once again. Mattwood.

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Hello and welcome Aggressive
I would suggest that you start a new topic in the malware forum and post a HJT log for review

mattwood thanks for taking the time to let us know glad to hear its all sorted out for you :)

lethal_misfit

lethal_misfit

• Pip
  • 2 posts
HELP!!!!!!! My desktop is infected with trojan.w32.looksky, I've scanned and cleaned it using spybot search & destroy but I'm still having the same problem. I'm having pop ups saying that my PC is infected and IE window is opening leading me to antispyware sites. I've tried to download Smitfraudfix but after the download finih I cant find the Smitfraud on my desktop. Help!!!! Is there any other way to fix this?

Badnole

Badnole

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I followed your instructions and am now free of the Trojan.w32.looksky.
Thank you very much.
I am going to update my java.

Thanks again,
Badnole

Edited by Badnole, 22 September 2007 - 08:55 AM.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP

HELP!!!!!!! My desktop is infected with trojan.w32.looksky, I've scanned and cleaned it using spybot search & destroy but I'm still having the same problem. I'm having pop ups saying that my PC is infected and IE window is opening leading me to antispyware sites. I've tried to download Smitfraudfix but after the download finih I cant find the Smitfraud on my desktop. Help!!!! Is there any other way to fix this?

lethal misfit, please go to the Malware Forums and post a hijackthis log. Someone will be happy to help you clean up.

Fastrom

Fastrom

• Pip
  • 1 posts
......And the winer is: Smitfraudfix!!! . I spent two days searching for something to remove the trojan and finally i found this site. Great work guys! Just wanted to thank you for the GREAT HELP removing the nasty thing. Also a bit from my "experience": i didn't restart in safe mode instead while installing Smitfraudfix i killed explorer.exe process and the pop-ups and all the trojan solicitation to the processor stopped witch gave me the chance to scan and remove it .
Many thanks !

hesgonz

hesgonz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Advertisements

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Glad to hear it Fastrom and hesgonz :)
Thanks for taking the time to let us know :wave:

TheNamesAbe

TheNamesAbe

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Im getting these two this on my comp:
Posted Image
and
Posted Image
I have tried to get rid of it with your tut but it came back
Can somebody please help

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
TheNamesAbe, please read this and follow the instructions for posting a hijackthis log in the malware removal forum. DO NOT post it here. Start a new thread in that forum, and copy and paste your log to that thread. Someone will come along and help you.

sari

gokon

gokon

• Pip
  • 1 posts
is it possible to make this work without going into safe mode? cause when i try to boot into safe mode it gives me this thing that goes around the screen saying video mode not supported and it looks something like this:
Posted Image
(though not exactly, i just drew this in mspaint.)
so i cant use safe mode.(it's been like this since loooong before i got trojan.w32.looksy)

Edited by gokon, 04 October 2007 - 05:19 PM.

LeahGee

LeahGee

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Well, here's another happy camper to your group !! Thanks for the fix - I just impressed my friend with my computer savvy by fixing his problem after he spent 2 days and pulled out all his hair !! I found your site here, and followed the instructions and WHAM BAM - all fixed !! Thanks - He's going to make a donation to your site ! Not sure if I get one too or not !? Ha !! I'm watching for answers to the other questions when some have had problems again later on - so hope ours doesn't come back after a few off and ons - - - -Keep up the good work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured
Malware Removal How to Guides Windows 7 System Building Download Files Register welcome

Never used a forum? Learn how.