Welcome to Geeks to Go
Geeks to Go Welcome
Create Account Login to Account
Photo

How to remove trojan.w32.looksky (removal instructions)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

RatHat

RatHat

Ex Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 7,829 posts
Hi there Hurricane Rain,

Welcome to Geekstogo! Please have a look at this post above, and follow the same steps. When you post a HijackThis log in the Malware forum, one of our staff will pick it up and help you out.

Regards,
RatHat

Advertisements

nmp134

nmp134

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I WANT TO GET RID OF THE tROJAN.W32 LOOKSKY AND i READ THE DIRECTIONS TO GET RID OF IT BUT i JUST WANT TO KNOW IF THAT IS GOING TO GET RID OF MY FILES SAVED ON MY COMPUTER? plEASE HELP!!!!!

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Hello and welcome nmp134
You did the right thing by starting a topic in the malware forum, you should not lose any information on your machine by using smitfraudfix :)

I m sure someone will be along shortly to help you out

nmp134

nmp134

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks... I actually used that but all I got was my desktop back and now I am having a pop up when I start my computer that it can not open a file called 2041.qit and I have no idea what that is and when I click on my remove pop ups on my internet page privacy guard page pops up like several times. I hope someone can help me fix my problem.

LynnM

LynnM

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Have trojan win.32 virus on computer. Have used the smitfraud link to clean the computer with success however this only seems to last for one day before the virus is back on the computer. We have Norton Antivirus but this doesnt block the virus. Have now downloaded the free AVG version. Will this stop this continual problem or is there something that can be suggested?
Thank you!
Lynn

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Hello and welocme LynnM

Please run through the steps outlined in this Topic
Post back a fresh log in the Malware forum please

Sirus23

Sirus23

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey, every time I try to remove this thing I get a window that comes up during the first question. I follow the instructions exaclty, and then it says it is done. But I go to restart the computer and when I get back its still there.

Edit: Nevermind I got it, thanks for this fix that thing has been bugging me for months now, you guys rock :)

Edited by Sirus23, 02 November 2007 - 02:32 PM.

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Glad to hear it Sirus23 :)
should you have any issues go ahead and post a HJT log in the malware forum and staff member will be glad to help you out

Raiders757

Raiders757

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, and thanks for the help that is provided here in this forum. The information shared here is beyond helpfull.

The other day, this trojan poped up on my PC , and the instructions provided in this thread helped me remove it. THe thing is, I am not sure it got rid of everything.

I keep getting constant pop-ups blocked on every page I go to, and I am getting a bar at the top of every few pages proclaiming this...

Warning: possible spyware or adware infection! Click here to scan your computer for spyware and adware...

This statement was present when the looksky trojan showed up. It seems ot have a link to one of three spyware programs that showed up without my asking, when I go infected with looksky.

I ran the SmitfraudFix, as suggested, to get rid of the looksky trojan, and it worked to remove it. I ran it again to see if it missed anything, yet this bar keeps showing up. Not only does the bar show up, but if I leave a web page idle for too long, the page will redirect.. To where, I do not know, as I get the "IE can't find this page" message. Also, I keep getting a message from Real Player, telling me to update security. THis message has never poped up before, and I don't even use Real Player very often. I don't want t ofollow it's directions, because I am afraid this message is a fraud.

So far I have tried to fix this problem with...

SmitfraudFix
SpyBot
Ad-Aware SE
Hijack This (but on my own, as I have used this program many times before.)

Is there anything else I can do, or have you heard of such problems associated with removing the looksky trojan?

THanks again.

wberry

wberry

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have tried all the suggested fixes. Combofix seems to find the problem and erase it, but once I reboot the computer, the problem comes back. I have a post already with all the HJT logs, if someone could please help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Advertisements

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Hello and welcome Raiders757

Please run through the steps outlined in this Topic
Post back a fresh log in the Malware forum please

Hello and welcome wberry
I m having a look at your topic now

skramer

skramer

• Pip
  • 1 posts
You Guys (and maybe gals) ARE AMAZING. I have been fighting trojan.w32.looksky for over 1 month.
I have used Norton and XSpySE. I had also followed manual removal instructions from the Symantec website
all to NO avail.

Then I found your site and within 10 minutes my machine was working properly again.

Please tell me how I can make a donation.

Thank you again!
Best to all!

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Thanks for taking the time to let us know skramer
Glad to hear everything worked out :)

Please tell me how I can make a donation.

You can donate directly to the author of the tool Here scroll down towards the bottom of the page

S!Ri works hard keeping this tool updated on a daily bases

jennifer-12

jennifer-12

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hello?i'm trying to find out how to remove trojan zlob from windows vista

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Hello and welcome jennifer-12
If you post a HJT log in the malware forum someone will be along to help you there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured
Malware Removal How to Guides Windows 7 System Building Download Files Register welcome

Never used a forum? Learn how.