Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Colored Emails

• Please log in to reply

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
Lately I have been receiving emails which are very difficult to read. They are generally maroon text on black background, and is very billious to look at. This is not with all emails, just certain ones, and I'm wondering if there is a filter which can stop this, or if this is from the other end, and i have no choice but to received them this way.

Advertisements

Kniht

Kniht

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
You might want to ask the sender to kindly change their stationery.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Or change to receiving Text only emails, but Kniht's suggestion is better.

Ron

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
Today i am receiving all my messages with this billious coloring so it must be something on my end and i don't have the time to keep advising every tom , dick, and harry who sends me a message to change his or her stationery.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Then set your options to receive only text type email. It will strip out everything but the text.

Ron

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
I just reviewed my emails and the ones i receive from forums such as this come out black text on white background and other emails are coming out red on blue, etc. Anyhow to make matters simple please advise method for text adjustment like you said, "through Tools?>Options? Then what?

vinny_the_hack

vinny_the_hack

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
...then click on the "READ" tab and tick the box that says "Read all messages in plain text".

Edited by vinny_the_hack, 30 July 2007 - 11:38 PM.