Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Firefox & Quicktime

• Please log in to reply

TLL

TLL

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
I downloaded latest version of quicktime from there site offhand i think it was V7.2 anyways i get

http://i5.photobucke...ochii/flash.gif

when any flash content comes up, any ideas why?

thanks in advance :whistling:

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Go to Programs and open the QuickTime Player. Under the Edit menu, click on Preferences and select QuickTime Preferences. Select File Types tab. Make sure that the applications you wish QuickTime to open are checked.

Ron

TLL

TLL

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Tried this no luck, only box i got ticked here is quicktime video, but it still plays flash content on websites...

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
If that's all you have ticked for Quicktime, check from the Control Panel, Folder Options. Click the File Types tab. Scroll down to file type that you don't want Quicktime to open and see if it is set to be open by QuickTime. You can change program associated with that file type.

Ron

TLL

TLL

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Tried doing what you said look for the .swf file type and let it open with flash player itself - still no luck :whistling:

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
What program has been assigned to open a *.swf file? This is going to be a Macromedia player from Adobe. Nothing to do with QT.

Ron

TLL

TLL

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

What program has been assigned to open a *.swf file? This is going to be a Macromedia player from Adobe. Nothing to do with QT.

Ron

yeah thats what i had it set to open with the last time, but it still doesn't play in the browser

Edited by TLL, 01 August 2007 - 07:49 AM.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
I've request additional tech help.

Ron

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,501 posts
The easiest fix may be to reinstall Flash: http://www.adobe.com...=ShockwaveFlash

This affects only FireFox? IE works okay? If so, it could be a FF plugin. Maybe an ad blocker?