Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

printer problem

• Please log in to reply

shockerboy8

shockerboy8

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
alright so my friends mom has a dell comp and a canon i850 printer. the printer was previously installed correctly and all but then randomly just like stopped working. it's connected properly and turned on and installed and all that stuff. when i do a printer status check it claims that the printer is online but when you go to print a document of any kind nothing happens. nothing will print even with the test things that you do under the printer preferences. so i reinstalled the drivers and of course nothing worked. the printer light just keeps flashing yellow yellow green or whatever. is the printer done for or is there hope? please help. thanks.

Advertisements

cmw2010

cmw2010

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
There should be a pattern to the light flashing. How many times does it flash consecutively?

shockerboy8

shockerboy8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
well it continuously flashes. three times yellow one time green.

cmw2010

cmw2010

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
Well not actually seeing what you are seeing I will just give you two different error codes to choose from, three consecutive orange flashes means a paper jam, check for this first. If that is not the problem then a long green flash and then 2 or more alternating orange flashes means the printer needs serviced at an authorized repair center. Doesn't really say what could be wrong, but it may be cheaper to replace the printer.