Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Unable to post to London Photo Ads php directory

• Please log in to reply

crisoco33

crisoco33

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Recently I have been unable to post to london.photo-ads. Other users have no trouble posting to london.photo-ads.

What is amazing is that I can post to birmingham.photo-ads but not london.photo-ads.

I have been unable to get any response from the site moderator.

This is the problem........

To post an ad in london.photo-ads you have to log in as usual and then you are taken to Edit User Profile.....

Your email:

Display a link on my profile to allow people to email me

Change password:

Repeat password:

User name:

First name:

Last name:

Postcode:

Homepage:

About you:

When you submit the screen an error is produced and the details have not been updated although it says they have. You cannot proceed any further ........

Notice: Query failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 4 SQL: UPDATE site_users SET display = 0, fname= '', lname= '', postcode= '', homepage= '', about= '', show_link_profile= 0, valid= 0 WHERE users_id= in /home/photoads/public_html/site/include/functions/class.mysql.php on line 54

The other odd thing is that it is not possible to place the cursor in the User Name field, but this has no bearing on the problem because posting an advert in Birmingham is made live without the User Name. Furthermore it is possible to update the Users Profile in Birmingham.

The obvious conclusion to come to from this is that the php software is at fault. If that was the case then other users would be experiencing the same problem and would not be able to post to london.photo-ads, but they can!

I have tried disabling lots of things like HOSTS / Norton Internet Security / Ad Blockers.

I have also tried posting in different Browsers .... Firefox / IE7 / Opera. Same problem in all of them.

I haven't got a clue about MySQL server issues!
Other users can add a User Name but I cannot. I could some months ago.
What could be causing this change?

Can you help?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This is strictly an issue with the web site, nothing you can do about it. SQL issues are server-side, not client-side.
This is probably an issue with your account on this website. Not a lot you can do without contacting the site owners.