Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

radeon xpress 200 vs anything question

• Please log in to reply

Normalcy

Normalcy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
I cant find the page for my computer, i think its a little to old, its likea year old this summer. And dont tell me to buy a new one cause not everyone can afford a new one every 6 months! And whats wrong with my proccessor? Its got more mghz than most...and are those pricy to replace?

Edited by Normalcy, 01 August 2007 - 12:51 PM.

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
With recent price cuts CPU's are actually very cheap, however you may be forced to get a new motherboad then get DDR2 RAM, it's not the processor thats expensive but the things that follow it that need to be upgraded.
If you have vista home premium 2gigs of RAM is strongly recommended, but since you wouldn't be able to recycle your RAM to your new build later down the road it world be burning your money.
At this current point in time I recommend you disable a few things such as Aero, windows side bar and a few other things that suck up your system resources, if you have norton I recommend download AVG as an alternative as every little bit helps.
GHz means a fair bit but not everything when it comes to processors.
Before anyone lists power supplies, expecially the high end, you need to look at the PSU as it's the determining factor on whether or not the GPU will run. So can you please if possible give me a link to your PSU, otherwise a picture of the sticker (on the back of the PSU) listing the A on the rails as well as the total watts would help us determine this.
James

Edited by james_8970, 01 August 2007 - 05:24 PM.