Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Serious problems with important things

• Please log in to reply

Mr. Jack

Mr. Jack

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
Compaq Presario SR2032X

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
They have two recovery options, but their advice is to back up any data first, so waiting for the external drive is best now.

Performing a System Recovery replaces system files and original software with the files that originally came with the computer. This process may move or remove certain files, like those stored in My Documents. Before performing a System Recovery backup important files and the files stored in the My Documents folder.In either case, be prepared to reinstall software that was not originally included with the computer. You will also need to reconfigure an Internet Connection and obtain all critical Windows Updates, Virus definition updates, and anti-spyware updates.

You could try system recovery first

http://h10025.www1.h...n...=en&lang=en

This link is for online chat with their technician, this is usually worth looking at because they tend to stick with it until it is resolved

http://ipgweb.cce.hp...t...ng=en&cc=us

Mr. Jack

Mr. Jack

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
Alright, so I will wait until Friday, and then all try and use some of the advice you gave me, if I have any more questions I will post them here later.

Thanks a lot,

mrjack92

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You can try their technician now if you want

Mr. Jack

Mr. Jack

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
Actually I am about to go to bed. Its 3:00 a.m here.

But I'll get back to you on this.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
09:30 am here

Give them a go later though, they may have a simpler way