Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

BattleFeild 2 Wont Patch

• Please log in to reply

llamahead

llamahead

• Pip
  • 3 posts
ok, im running Windows XP home edition, i have BF2 And i reinstalled it, here is what i installed patch wise...

First patch - bf2_patch_112.exe

Second Patch - bf2_patch_1.2.exe

Therd Patch - www_i3d_nl__BF2_patch_1_21_full.exe

Fourth patch - www_i3d_nl__BF2_patch_1_22_full.exe

Fifth patch - BF2_Patch_1.3.exe (full)

Sixth patch - BF2 Patch 1.4.exe (Beta full)

Seventh patch - BF2_Patch_1.41.exe (full)

once i installed all thouse i go onto BF2 and in the bottom left corner or top right corner where it says the version number it says "1.1.2940-772.0" This would be the 'bf2_patch_112.exe' and nno matter how mant more times i install the patches it wont change...

Note: None of the patches i installed are incrmental.

if you can help, please do.

Thanks,

Advertisements

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
Hello and welcome to Geeks to Go.

Also the latest version number that should show up on the bottom left of your log in screen is
1.1.2965-797.0

Pleae follow my steps below to manually uninstall BF2.

1)Using Windows Explorer (to get there right-click your Start button and go to "Explore"), please delete these folders (if present):

C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\Battlefield 2
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2

2)The steps that I am about to suggest involve modifying the registry. Modfying the registry can be dangerous so we will make a backup of the registry first.
Modification of the registry can be EXTREMELY dangerous if you do not know exactly what you are doing so follow the steps that are listed below EXACTLY. if you cannot preform some of these steps or if you have ANY questions please ask BEFORE proceeding.

Backing Up Your Registry
Go to Start > Run
Type:regedit
Click OK.
  • On the leftside, click to highlight My Computer at the top.
  • Go up to "File > Export"
    • Make sure in that window there is a tick next to "All" under Export Branch.
      Leave the "Save As Type" as "Registration Files".
      Under "Filename" put backup
  • Choose to save it to C:\ or somewhere else safe so that you will remember where you put it (don't put it on the desktop!)
  • Click save and then go to File > Exit.
This is so the registry can be restored to this point if we need it. It may take a minute. Just let it go until it's done.
3)Registry Modifications

Open Notepad, and copy the contents of the following box to a new file.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\DICE\Battlefield 2]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{04858915-9F49-4B2A-AED4-DC49A7DE6A7B}]

Save it as bf2fix.reg
Save as type: "All files"
Save it to your desktop.
It should look like this: Posted Image
Go to your desktop and double-click "fix.reg" and merge the infomation with the registry.
The above Registry file was written specifically for this infection on this person's computer. It is NOT to be used on another computer, as it may cause damage that could result in a format!
(In case you are unsure how to create a reg file, take a look here with screenshots.)

4)Now download the Battlefield 2 Retail v1.41 Patch from one of the following links.

http://largedownload..._Patch_1.41.exe

OR

http://d3.strategyin..._patch_1.41.exe

Let me know how everything goes and let me know if you have any more problems.

Edited by MoNsTeReNeRgY22, 31 July 2007 - 06:13 PM.

llamahead

llamahead

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
took a while to do it but it worked, thanks = ) much appriciate the help.

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
Glad I was able to help :whistling: