Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't download sites like ebay?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

angelluvr25

angelluvr25

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I'm currently running Windows XP Pro V 2002 SP2 on a relatively new Dell Dimension XPS Gen 3, Pentium 4 3.40 GHz with 1 GB of RAM and wireless DSL service. Have had the computer for less than six months, and I have not been able to access certain websites from day one. Troubleshooting has included complete disabling of content adviser, firewall, anti-virus, anti-spyware, etc. I have also played around with changing Internet Option settings...nothing seems to be resolving the problem. I even downloaded Netscape to see if the problem was isolated to IE, but Netscape was unable to download the exact same websites. Virus and spyware scans show the PC is completely clean. A second computer in our house does not have the same problem, only this PC. Both are linked to the same DSL service via a Linksys router. I can view most websites, but cannot completely download sites such as imdb.com, ebay.com, columbiahouse.com, etc. When I attempt to visit these sites, the browser hangs and takes over 20 minutes to download the web page text while none of the pictures on these websites will download at all. Other PC tech supports I have spoken to are baffled, and Dell Support won't concede that this is a PC problem (so much for the 3-4 year warranty). Dell blames it on my browser or DSL service, and they have refused to provide tech support. Need help....any suggestions?

Edited by angelluvr25, 12 April 2005 - 10:55 PM.

Advertisements

angelluvr25

angelluvr25

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Would like to add that I downloaded Firefox, and even this browser is unable to access the exact same websites I've been having trouble downloading in IE. Obviously not a browser issue...so what is it?

Triplicate post. Topic closed.

Edited by coachwife6, 13 April 2005 - 08:15 AM.