Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WAN PROBLEM

• Please log in to reply

Brysap

Brysap

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am currently experiencing a problem with my home internet. I have one Desktop PC and an ACER ASPIRE 3100 Laptop.

The problem occurred only after I reinstalled XP onto the laptop, due to various ongoing problems within it. The drivers were however lost, and I have done my best to relocate drivers for the laptop: Modem, LAN, WLAN, Sound, Video, Cam, Chipset, CPU, etc. and the laptop itself seems to function alright.

The problem arose when I tried to setup the WLAN on the laptop. The desktop computer is running fine from a BELKIN 802.11g WiFi router, as is another computer in our house. (Not one I own) Anyway i have installed the driver for the WAN card in my laptop, but when i try searching for wireless networks in the area..... nothing. After clicking properties for "Wireless Network Connections" as instructed by IT technitions, the tabs that come up are: General, Authentication, and Advanced. Should there not be another TAB; such as Wireless Networks?

Any help regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Bry :whistling:

Advertisements