Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Use my computer w/Wireless Connection for internet phone

• Please log in to reply

tosawi

tosawi

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a compter operating XP pro and using a wireless PC card to connect through a wireless router I have an open Ethernet PCI card and would like to connect my interent phone through my computer so I do nto have to run a wire from the router to my room. Is it possible to use my computer as the gateway throught my PCI card to connect the phone using my wireless connection to ethe interenet? If t is possible how???? I haev tied the internet connection wizard and mutiple trial and error and have not been successful. I do have my system firewalled with Mcafee and use Comcast.net cable connection. My computer sonnects at 54.0 Mpbs through my wireless connection. Please help if possible.... Thank you

Advertisements