Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cleanup Operation

• Please log in to reply

flash273

flash273

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Most recent update:
*now my computer shows no obvious signs of malware on it, however, consistent reading and writing of the harddrive make me suspect something since this computer was fine before (it was a virgin to the internet :whistling: ) and then it got hit with some malware.

Now the below symptoms are mostly cleared up except for harddrive usage, increased bootup time. I have done anything more than the listed steps below.

I profusely apologize for anyone reading this for the repeated updates as well as general confusion this may cause.
-------

I used to receive Popups about WinAntiVirusPro 2007 despite getting rid of qwerty12.exe as well as other spyware by using AVG Anti-Spyware.

Symptoms:
Recently, I've gotten a bad collection of malware on my computer from browsing.
I've had noticeably longer bootup time as well as annoying popups that show that something is monitoring what websites I'm visiting.
I've had popups for WinAntiVirusPro 2007 come up as well as other SystemDoctor sort of advertisements. I have not clicked on any of these.

Known Problems: (maybe resolved?)
Also, previously under my Add/remove programs menu I have had: 1)Outerinfo 2)Windows Overlay Component
I've uninstalled Outerinfo, however only by using Outerinfo's own uninstaller and I HAVE REBOOTED since uninstalling it. (This was before I looked into these forums in the "Must read before posting..." thread.

What I've done:
1)I have installed AVG Anti-Spyware and went into Safemode and scanned & removed different malware, so I do not know what specifically is LEFT.
2)Second, I went to the Panda ActiveScan and used it, but it hung on my 21000 thousandth file and I had to close it. It detected 2 viruses and cleaned them and I remember having 15 spyware and 1 rootkit problems which were not resolved by panda activescan.
3)Also, when I try to "Save List" under HijackThis! MiscTools-->Uninstall Manager, HijackThis! crashes immedietely with no error message. Whoever is reading this, if you require that uninstall list, I will gladly type it out.

*NOTE: I also find I cannot SAVE FILES or download them using Mozilla Firefox. They simply do not appear in my Downloads box... (ctrl+j)
I am pretty sure I can open but not save files.

*Additional EDIT: Oh no! I can't update to SP1a! (I'm using IE 6 Now to download)
"Network policy settings prevent you from using this website to get updates for your computer"

Here's my HijackThis Logfile:
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 2:06:24 PM, on 7/31/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\cisvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton GoBack\GBPoll.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton GoBack\GBTray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\taskmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\cidaemon.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\qwerty12.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\DF\My Documents\filelib\hi\HijackThis.exe

O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NBInstall] C:\DOCUME~1\DF\LOCALS~1\Temp\MBDownloader_876919.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [oljvxcvA] C:\WINDOWS\oljvxcvA.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemOptimizer] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\System32\iuvoxwcp.dll",forkonce
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!AVG Anti-Spyware] "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" /minimized
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - Startup: TA_Start.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\TISKY009.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Norton GoBack.lnk = C:\Program Files\Norton GoBack\GBTray.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe (file missing)
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{F1EA1923-C861-434B-9704-FC448DC477AF}: NameServer = 68.87.78.130,68.87.76.178
O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - GRISOFT s.r.o. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
O23 - Service: DomainService - - C:\WINDOWS\System32\qwerty12.exe
O23 - Service: GoBack Polling Service (GBPoll) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton GoBack\GBPoll.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Net Agent - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\dls0523pmw.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Windows Overlay Components - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\oljvxcv.exe (file missing)

Edited by flash273, 03 August 2007 - 10:50 AM.

Advertisements