Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Email will not send or recieve ... multiple computers.

• Please log in to reply

jimbo302

jimbo302

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey guys this problem started about two weeks ago.

The issue is that i have is a handful of my users (which most of them are connected to the same switch, with the exception of 1 user who is connected to the switch that uplinks the switch for the others.) intermittently have trouble to send and recieve e-mail through their email clients, Outlook 2002, Outlook 2003, and Incredimail. I have found that a temporary solution for this problem is to change the incoming and outgoing ports between 110 for pop3 and 80 for smtp (my normal settings) to ssl 995 for pop3 and ssl 25 for smtp. That will allow Outlook or incredimail to pull down and send out email temporarily then i will with in a few hours have to change them back to 110 for pop3 and 80 for smtp, and this will end up starting over again. Also, all these computers can access the internet, and use our web-based email to do their emailing.

I have ran Virus Scans on these computers with no infections found, also Ad-aware with no luck. One of them i have done a complete reformat, and i am waiting to see if this will fix anything (which it seems to be so far).

these are 5 computers in the same room, they go to the same 24 port linksys switch that runs to a fiber converter across the warehouse to another fiber converter, from there it goes to a netgear 24 port switch and that gets uplinked from a fiber conver that runs to another fiber converter in a separate building where we have our T1 firewall and the like.

If anyone can help me on this or give me some new direction to go, that would be most appreciated!

What do ya think?

sorry for the bad spelling or grammer... never was too good at that :|

Advertisements

jimbo302

jimbo302

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Does any think this could be a spyware outbreak? because all these computer have an abnormal amount of registry spyware/adware files... I'm talking around 50 on each computer.

Thanks.