Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

creating a wireless connection

• Please log in to reply

behemothx3

behemothx3

• Pip
  • 1 posts
alright, i know it is possible. here is the premise:

i just got my computer back from best buy (needed fixing) and i had to reinstall windows xp on it. i did so, and now i'm having some major problems creating a wireless connection.

i have a linksys wireless router, and a wireless networking card plugged into my computer, but for some reason in my network connections, on the left side (where it says "create new connection" and "set up home or small office network", which by the way are my only two options), it has no option to create a wireless connection as it did before (before my computer was fixed, that is). i know for a fact that when i created my wireless connection first, that is how i did it (through that option).

also, when bridging a connection (or whatever it's called) i had no option to choose a wireless connection. same problem in the "set up home or small office network" thing.

Advertisements

sunny441

sunny441

• PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
I had this same problem ..... after i re-installed windows. Look under device managers and see if all the devices required to run your internet are on that llist. Ethernet adapter etc etc need to be installed.. else you might have problems