Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Aol 9.0vr and adobe reader

• Please log in to reply

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
I have a friend who has a laptop that is running winxp pro and aol 9.0 vr. Whether he connects through aol dial up or through tcp/ip to my hi-speed when he tries to open a pdf file sent to him via aol mail it downloads the file but then won't open it.... it either says it can't find it or some similiar error... sometimes the computer then locks up and sometimes it doesn't.... Aol told him to do a quick restore or to reinstall the aol software.... However he has realized that ALL of his computers have started acting this way.... To me that sounds like maybe aol had some update that broke the adobe plugin or some such.... I have tried the quick restore on his laptop and that didn't do anything.... ( except make me have to go through setting up his aol again.... )

anyone seen this before or have any ideas? oh by the way he can open the file as long as he doesn't do it from aol....

he would rather not to have to do the extra steps.... why should new things ( just got the laptop and installed aol on it ) not work as well as older stuff... ( and now aol doesn't work as well as it did... and that's bad!!!! )

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Hi shard92.

It looks like this is a problem with AOL 9 VR and Adobe Reader. See this Adobe Forum Link.

Here's a link to an Adobe Reader 7 download.

Please post the results.

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
Thank you very much I thought it might be something like that.... tried searching google but didn't come up with anything useful....

and yes that seems to have corrected the problem on his laptop.... i don't have access his other computers at the moment...