Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PXE boot problem, recieving PXE-EC1 error code

• Please log in to reply

Gennar Pierce

Gennar Pierce

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I'm working with someone to image several systems using PXE boot but we receive a message...

"PXE-EC1: Base code ID stucture not found"

... On searches I've found that there are references to the BIOS setup but we've flashed the BIOS to no avail and it happens on several systems so it can't be a corrupted BIOS.

The error code itself is described as follows... "UNDI boot module could not find the BaseCode ROM ID structure. If there is a BaseCode ROM image in the system, it has probably been corrupted. "

I've also found this bit of information "An UNDI Option ROM image is required for each boot device. This Option ROM image may be kept
on a boot device’s local storage (for example, FLASH on a NIC) or built in to the Host System BIOS." from page 90/91 of this document ("Preboot Execution Environment (PXE) Specification") found at http://www.pix.net/s...ive/pxespec.pdf

I have to admit that when I get into it I start to get crosseyed which is why I'm here to see if anyone can shed some light on the situation.

Advertisements

98springer

98springer

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
Do you have the server setup to service PXE clients?

Gennar Pierce

Gennar Pierce

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Yes, it works on other sets of computers but not this particular set. It must be something with the hardware but I'm not sure what. I've tried different NICs and flashed the bios of the system but still no go.