Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Best case

• Please log in to reply

onedoller

onedoller

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
I am considering building a computer, and I have still not decided on the case yet. I was wondering if any of you had any particular favorites. I would like one that would be easy to install a motherboard in and with multiple cooling spots. thanks :whistling:

Advertisements

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
I would go with either Jame's case which is Antec 900 or my case which is an Ultra Aluminous case that I bought for 50 bucks.

Soorena

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Antec 900, lots of cooling, great case. I have it myself, it's only downfall is that it doesn't have a removable motherboard tray. I have never built with one, but many say I don't know what I'm missing out on. Other then that this case is the real deal, it has support for water cooling, comes with 4 fans (1 fan is a huge 20cm).
I personally really like the case. If you have any questions or concerns, I'd be more then glade to awnser them.
James

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
Hehe, mine has a removable motherboard tray, I don't know why in the reviews people say that it doesn't come with one, mine did and its held down by 2 thumbs screws.

Soorena

Edited by SOORENA, 01 August 2007 - 09:16 PM.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Your case could be a new revision.
The antec 900 case is on it's third revision, the newest thing they added was the water cooling holes. The second revision they fixed some bugs with the expansion slots.
James

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Bugs with the expansion slots? Is that like bad code or something? Did they put out a Windows Update for it?

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
If your on a budget then the Coolermaster Elites and Centurions are a very nice buy. Some people don't like that its screwless and all the parts snap in though. If you got the money then get the Antec.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Yeah, I have never used screwless designs, but it worries me, because if my GPU fell out (I doubt it would) it'd break alot going down. To me screws are more secure and more piece of mind.

lol troy, no I don't think there was enough room to put the plugs for your monitor in certain slots, it was something along those lines.
James

Edited by james_8970, 02 August 2007 - 10:40 AM.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

lol troy

Yeah I've been laughing ever since I posted it, glad I made myself laugh! :whistling:

onedoller

onedoller

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Thanks for all the advice guys. I think i am leaning toward the Antec 900 even though it doesn't have a removable motherboard tray... but oh well. Thanks alot :whistling: