Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error!

• Please log in to reply

kkrind72

kkrind72

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I really apologize if this thread is in the wrong forum. I just dont know where this thread would fit in but
i also need help, just today there was a huge thunderstorm here and a lightning shut off ALL power in my house
my tv blew out and now is completely useless but everything works fine, the computer and everything
except my my internet light on my Verizon Westell Modem is out and so is the Ethernet light and the DSL light keeps blinking...i dont know what to do
right now im just using my cellphone as a modem but its way to slow to use as my default.
i havent called my DSL company yet but thats why im posting here first
i want to know what i can do first before bothering with them

i get this Error MSG when i start up the comp and also when i open anything on my comp..
----------------------------------------------
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program:C:₩WINDOWS₩system32₩scrun.exe
abnormal program termination
----------------------------------------------
ANY help would be useful
and if it is in the wrong section of the forum...please just tell me where it would fit in and ill move it

edit. i also found the trojan thats causing the error msg?or maybe even the cause my internet isnt working?
i scanned my computer with symantec antivirus

Attached Thumbnails

• error.JPG
  • trojanvirus.JPG

Edited by kkrind72, 02 August 2007 - 02:11 PM.

Advertisements