Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Where can I find a tableless designer?

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I've been looking on guru.com , elance.com , all over the internet.. and i can hardly find a firm that understands tableless design.

Also, if I want to apply AJAX technology to my site does the designer have to know AJAX if they're just going to send those designed pages over to a programmer?

Greatly appreciated.

Edited by efilm66, 08 August 2007 - 09:23 AM.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Tables had their place for layouts, but with CSS2 there is no need for using tables except for tabular data. Use of the correct browser which is CSS2 compliant is a must. So far, Firefox is the only one that fits that requirement. II and others still require a few hacks to get them to behave. HTML and CSS together can do wonders for laying out a good web page. Selection of proper document type and proper coding is a must. Hopefully, you are not going to want bells and whistles for your pages that require deprecated or outmoded tags. A real pain to implement if you want a good layout that's eye pleasing. Not to mention to validate properly.