Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

pc fails memtest

• Please log in to reply

HEENS

HEENS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
i guess sunblock is not required today..ok..i am impressed..lol

have a good one

Advertisements

HEENS

HEENS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
hi keith,
just posting a follow up since my last visit. on the day it started working properly--and if you forgot, it was running at 100% on teh task manager and the temps were high. like i said, it started to run normally and the task manaager was at idle.

i did realize that day mcafee sent out an email about a critical patch that needed to be installed, because something was compromised--and mcafee said that would take care of persons who were having pc issues. so i think that patch helped, because its been running great since that day of the patch. go figure...

HOWEVER, i still notice my emails open slowly. it receives the emails and downloads it okay into the inbox, but when i try to open it, if it has only text, it is normal. once it has pictures, like for an airlines email or one from a rental car agency, it will take at least 30 seconds to a minute to open and load properly to view. i use microsoft office outlook 2003.

aloha!

heens

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you run Office or Microsoft Update recently?

Did it slow down around then?

HEENS

HEENS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
i cannot say if it was around an update. the updates are set to download automatically, like the big one MS had today. but i do know emails with pictures have slowed down substancially when it is tried to be opened.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
This mentions some of it

http://support.micro...kb/939102/en-us

This issue may occur if the following conditions are true:

• The e-mail message is in HTML format.

• You have lots of entries in the Restricted Sites list in Internet Explorer.

Note This condition can occur if you install some third-party tools such as Spybot, IE-Spyad, or SpywareBlaster

HEENS

HEENS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
keith, i made the suggested changes on the email format per the MS link you provided. we can put this case to rest now. i feel i understand why it operates this way with the emails. i can wait a few more seconds. i appreciate all your help and look forward to another challenge with my laptop when it acts up. you know ill be giving you a holler.

dont forget..ill have that tropical drink in hand when you arrive here in hawaii.

aloha and mahalo!!!!

heens :whistling:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
It's 61F here if that cheers you up