Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account

Members Beanie hats

• Please log in to reply

Guest_MarkN_*

Guest_MarkN_*
I think it would be neat if a new member started out with a power supply and worked their way up to a full computer. You could use the main components of computers to show their progress. :whistling:

Edited by MarkN, 02 August 2007 - 10:35 AM.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Neat idea, however pretty hard to show that kind of detail in a 16x16 pixel pip.

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
What a cute idea. Thanks for the feedback.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Hi, wow I haven't written anything outside the hardware forum in months so this makes a change for me, and agreed that MarkN idea cannot be done as suggested but perhaps it is time to use something a little less demeaning to those who give their time here replying on what you will agree to be somewhat busy forums. A beanie cap reflects badly on this site in my view and I know the symbol is not meant to look like the poster is a little boy or a dummy is it, but I only suggest here something else could be used, or that the poster should be given the option of not having the bennie caps at all if he or she so wishes,

now I bet there was an opt-out option all along that I have missed in the control panel somewhere, I am always doing that I remember, thanks, oh and I really appreciate this site and the efforts everyone does

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
I love the beanie hats, but I love new ideas, as well. Keep them coming. :whistling:

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

perhaps it is time to use something a little less demeaning to those who give their time here

Really? You consider them demeaning? Anyone else feel the same?

I think the most iconic geek symbols are the plastic square frame black glasses, a pocket protector and bow tie, or the geek beanie with a propeller on top. Just try a Google image search for geek. I thought the beanie was the cutest of these, and haven't had a complaint until now. We do have a new logo I've been working on, and it would also work as a pip. Whether we use it or not, stay tuned. :whistling:

Guest_MarkN_*

Guest_MarkN_*
I don't think they are demeaning. I just thought I had a good idea that would not only look good but was a little creative. Like you said though, the size of the pics are to small to make the idea feasible.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
thanks, I go as always with the flow, agreed I am not for pips either and now you explain things I do see that it is not an easy thing to choose from perhaps I should not have repied or I might just end up asking for penguins, the red cross, or the swiss flag :-)

Edited by fleamailman, 03 August 2007 - 04:52 AM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

We do have a new logo I've been working on

that would indeed work well as a pip (i've seen it and the rest of you haven't! nannie nannie boo boo :whistling:)

the beanies look like pineapples to me...always have

though...pocket protectors would be nifty too

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
penguins sound cool to me.

Advertisements

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts

the beanies look like pineapples to me...always have

what pineapples ? have you been drinking those frozen flu flu drinks again ?

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Do penguins spread the bird flu?

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
:whistling:

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts

:whistling:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

they're more often known for the proliferation of "Linux Lipoma". Defined as "The accumulation of fatty deposits located around the mid to lower torso and buttox region. Usually associated with spending long hours in front of a terminal typing into a command line for hours while consuming mass quantities of powdered donuts and Mt. Dew"