Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC says it's connected but internet doesn't work

• Please log in to reply

sarahd711

sarahd711

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
Yesterday my internet/phone/TV (which are all through Comcast) went down for a minute, then came back up. The internet was not working after this, so my sister called Comcast, but they had her disconnect the router and did not tell her to re-connect it.

So, I re-connected everything. However, when everything is connected through the router, no pages on the internet can be loaded, yet each computer on the network (1 desktop and 1 laptop) say that they are connected. When I try to ping the 192.168.1.1 IP address there are no problems. I also tried resetting the cable modem and the router, and disconnecting and re-connecting everything, and shutting down the desktop. Nothing has worked.

So, as of right now, the desktop is connected directly to the cable modem in order to have internet on one computer.

Advertisements

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Could you please connect it through the router again, go to Start -> Run -> type: ipconfig/all

Post the results here. I understand that you will probably have to disconnect the router to post back.

Thanks

sarahd711

sarahd711

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
Thanks for your fast reply but I actually got it up and working... just took some patience and a few more tries! :whistling:

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Would you mind giving us an overview of how you fixed it? It may be the answer someone else will need :whistling: