Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HJT log for review[RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,503 posts
  • MVP
This is just great!! :tazz:

Now, boot in safe mode and Run the LQfix.bat you downloaded previously.

Reboot back to normal mode and post a new hijackthislog.

Advertisements

abigrrrl

abigrrrl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
yesssss! its gone! nothing like two hours' work well spent. i hate leaving things unfinished, but now i can enjoy the rest of my weekend and i hope you do, too!
thanks so much! i guess i can go back and hide the rest of the normally hidden files and all that.

thanks again-- you r00l!

abigrrrl

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 6:26:04 PM, on 4/16/2005
Platform: Windows 2000 SP4 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\ibmpmsvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Ganymede\Endpoint\endpoint.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\regsvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\MSTask.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\stisvc.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\mspmspsv.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINNT\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
C:\HJT\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Darden Business School
N3 - Netscape 7: user_pref("browser.search.defaultengine", "engine://C%3A%5CPROGRA%7E1%5CNetscape%5CNetscape%5Csearchplugins%5CSBWeb_01.src"); (C:\Documents and Settings\CarralesC03\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\h8vorb34.slt\prefs.js)
O1 - Hosts: 128.143.59.60 DARDENMAIL
O1 - Hosts: 128.143.59.62 STUMAIL
O1 - Hosts: 128.143.59.62 PONYEXPRESS
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] ctfmon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O23 - Service: Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service (dmadmin) - VERITAS Software Corp. - C:\WINNT\System32\dmadmin.exe
O23 - Service: Ganymede Software Endpoint (GanymedeSoftwareEndpoint) - Ganymede Software Inc. - C:\Ganymede\Endpoint\endpoint.exe
O23 - Service: IBM PM Service (IBMPMSVC) - IBM Corp. - C:\WINNT\System32\ibmpmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: McShield - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Network Associates\McShield\Mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINNT\System32\HPZipm12.exe

abigrrrl

abigrrrl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
PS-- i never did find the sysfwb file, ran search in safe mode and all... but im not complaining~ ;P

miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Expert

• 5,503 posts
  • MVP
Great!! :tazz:

Yes, it seems like it is gone!
No more popups anymore... Yay! ;)

Good you also fixed that issue for Safe mode. Because, it can be very important sometimes, so you'll need safe mode in some cases.

Yes, please set your hidden files and folders back to hidden again.

To keep this clean in the future, I would suggest the following things:

First of all, i strongly suggest you install an antivirus and firewall. Because you really need them.
AVG, Bitdefender OR Avast are good FREE antivirus.
Never install more than one antivirusscanner or firewall on your system! Several together can give problems and decreases the reliability of it seriously!
Zonealarm OR Sygate are FREE firewalls.

Install Spywareblaster
SpywareBlaster doesn`t scan and clean for so-called spyware, but prevents it from being installed in the first place. It blocks the popular spyware ActiveX controls, and also prevents the installation of any of them via a webpage.

Let your antispywarescanner(s) scan frequently and don't forget to update before.

And I do suggest you perform an online virusscan once in a while. (housecall and/or Bitdefender). Because what one virusscanner can't find another one maybe can.
Also make sure that your virusscanner, the one that is installed on your system is always up to date!

Make sure your windows has the latest updates: http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

More info on how to prevent malware you can also find here (By Tony Klein)

Happy surfing again!

miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Expert

• 5,503 posts
  • MVP
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If your the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.