Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to close Windows XP Home

• Please log in to reply

U4EA

U4EA

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi All,

Config is a Dell Dimension DM061 - Intel Celeron 3.06 Ghz Cpu with Win XP Home V2002 SP2:
Windows won't close down, complaining there is a hpqimzone.exe process wich can't be closed
by it. The file hpqimzone.exe seems to be part of the HP software for a digital camera.
I tried to look for an uninstall file in Start/programs, found nothing. Wanted to delete the HP soft
from the 'software' box in the configuration screen,but this was empty...
Anyone able to help me out?

Tia,
U4EA

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
If you installed the HP software with a disk you may need to put the disk in to do the uninstall. This is done so that someone can't just come along and uninstall your software maliciously. You can also look in the folder in Program Files for the HP software, there may be an unwise/uninstaller there. You can also do it manually but you need to remove some registry keys which needs to be done very carefully.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
The file is not a Windows core file. The application can be removed ( hpqimzone ) using the control panel Add\Remove programs applet

U4EA

U4EA

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Dear All,

Sorry for the late reply, but i've been ill for a while...
I managed to solve the problem in the mean time.
It had nothing to do with the hpqimzone.exe file.
The real problem was a virus named "Exploit.Java.Gimsh.a"
I removed the virus with Norton Anti-Virus.
Now the system is up & running again.
Thanks anyway for your help.

Best Regards,
U4EA