Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nero 7 Help

• Please log in to reply

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
Well I am trying to burn a DVD for my brothers baseball team, it is like a disc full of memories from the year. Right now I am just burning the video part so the parents can see what need to be tweaked, added, etc. I have purchased Nero 7 Ultra Edition and am using that to burn it. To actually put the video files on it though I am using Nero Vision.

When I am about to burn it though, I get the following message.

Your project contains more PAL than NTSC material, but will be encoded in NTSC if you use the current settings. Do you want to change the settings to PAL, so that your project will be encoded in the video mode that matches the majority of the project's contents?

I am not sure what that means, so I normally just hit yes. But I have also tried hitting No, and I still receive an error that the buring procedure has to stop. Here is what I have tried so far.
1) I burnt the disc the first time just selecting yes(NTSC Mode)
2) Then needed to burn another one, but received an error and couldn't continue(NTSC Mode)
3) Tried again but this time using a differnt mode (PAL Mode)

Any help would be highly appreciated on helping me on what to choose, and what to do so I don't receive any more error messages.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
'NTSC' is the television/video transmission system used in America, whereas 'PAL' is the television/video transmission system used here in the UK. They are not compatible with each other. As I can see from your national flag, you are in the US so you need to choose the NTSC option. Quite why some of the original content is PAL (in fact most of it) is puzzling unless your brother's baseball team have been using a dual-standard video camera set to record in PAL instead of NTSC.

Edited by pip22, 05 August 2007 - 09:53 AM.

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
Thank you for your reply pip22.

Yes I do live in the US so I will try using it with NTSC next time.

Well I know one of the kids on his team used to live in England, so maybe that has something to do with the PAL :whistling: