Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphics issues playing F.E.A.R

• Please log in to reply

twatson

twatson

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I have recently bought F.E.A.R for my pc. The installation runs normally and i am able to install it with no problems. Once i get into the game on single player the graphics are all blacked out and all you can see is the vague outline of people and objects. For some reason the lights in the rooms which you are playing in but no colour whatsoever (and yes its not in the dark ive checked :blink:). I have also had the same problems with the game Tom Clancy Rainbow Six Vegas but there is slight colour, it is just very pixelated and the people again are completely blacked out. Im not sure if it is the OS or what because i am running vista. I really need help because i have then wasted £30 on these games if they will not work :whistling:
The spec for my PC is -

Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit
Intel Core 2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86ghz
1022 MB RAM
256 MB ATI Radeon X1300PRO Video Card
288GB Harddrive
HL-DT-ST-DVD+-RW GSA-H31N DVD CD-Rom Drive

Thanks =)

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello twatson and welcome to G2G!

First thing i'd try is upgrading or downgrading the graphics card drivers.

twatson

twatson

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Okay, ive completely updated my Drivers with the Catalyst 7.7 Drivers and the Avivo Package 7.7 one and i am still getting a blackscreen whilst playing, nothing has seemed to have changed =( .

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Have you tried downgrading the drivers?
Have you tried reinstalling the game?
Have you got the latest patch installed?
Have you tried reinstalling DirectX?

twatson

twatson

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
How do i downgrade the drivers ??

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Download older drivers, uninstall the existing ones, restart and then install the older drives you downloaded.

twatson

twatson

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Okay, ive downgraded the drivers, upgraded them again. I have the latest 1.08 patch installed ive reinstalled Direct X 10.0 and reinstalled the game 3 times and i am still getting dodgy blacked out graphics :whistling:

Is tehre anything else i could possibly try? Ive thought about changing my DirectX to version 9.0c but i was scared it would mess up my pc? would it?

Thanks =)

MR0624

MR0624

• PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
Nah, give that a shot. As far as I know it should work just as well as what your using now.